How many times have you seen people drink copious cups of green tea and keep talking about its health benefits? Well, you could be seated next to someone drinking a cup of green tea while you read this article!
In today’s world, when people get talking about weight loss, they do not forget to mention catalysts like pills, supplements, vitamins, colon cleansers, detox products etc. However, one such product which seems to be doing the rounds, promising a permanent solution to knocking off the pounds, is green tea.
While on one hand you have heard about green tea’s antioxidant claims, on the other you have read reports that claim that green tea makers are in trouble for making ‘false nutrition claims’.With so many such contradicting claims, we’re sure you’re having a tough time to decode the fact from the fiction. Here’s some information that will help you decide whether you should include green tea in your weight loss routine.
Every individual has a different body type and chemistry. Hence different weight loss products will work differently. Many people who are now attempting to shed those extra pounds seem to be turning towards a variety of green teas to assist them. But these claims is what they need to watch out for:
- Instant fat loss: Even though several nutritionists advise green tea consumption, one much understand that this supplement is not a magic potion.
- Drink as much as you can: Drinking humongous amounts of green tea can cause a lot of health issues. Green tea contains caffeine, which can lead to indigestion and God forbid if the tea leaves were treated with insecticides, then you could be slowly poisoning yourself.
- You get dehydrated: There are popular claims that green tea causes dehydration. However, a 2006 study by a UK firm debunked this myth stating that tea is better than water, because in case of water you are just replacing the fluid – whereas by consuming green tea you are giving your body additional antioxidants.
The concept of drinking green tea seems convenient to say goodbye to those stubborn fat. To just drink one cup of hot tea to melt away the excess pounds seem simple to incorporate in daily routine. But how does drinking the same lead to weight loss?
- A great laxative: At a grass root level, most green teas act as a laxative. It helps with your bowels thereby resulting in a contracting bowel movement. Hence, drinking green tea definitely gives a person instant relief from bloating and makes a person feel cleansed from within.
- Right amount of caffeine helps: According to scientific studies, the caffeine and EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) in green tea boosts metabolism, burns fat, blocks the conversion of energy to fat, helps your body absorb less fat and also regulates your blood sugar levels.
- Appetite suppressant: Research has also proved that green tea helps suppress appetite and control the all-important calorie intake, thereby shedding those stubborn inches of fat.
- Don’t overdo: Regardless of whichever green tea product you choose, it needs to be consumed as per safe directions provided. Always check with your local physician before starting a weight loss regime or product to ensure that it is apt for your body.
For those who want to jump start with a permanent weight loss program, drinking 2-3 cups of green tea can act as a catalyst. It sounds easy – when we say drink your way to weight loss. But one needs to keep in mind that weight loss is a culmination or an end product of combined – mental, physical and emotional effort.