Haven’t all of us heard a zillion times about including olive-oil, balsamic vinegar, blueberries etc. in our diet to help burn all the excess fat? Well, not any more. If you thought Indian cuisine is all about fattening foods then you can now take a deep sigh of relief. Here’s a look at 8 Indian foods that will help you melt the fat and gain health:
- Chillies: Indian cuisine is doomed as spicy food world over. But guess what, it is that extra spice that makes it possible to lose fat. Chillies have capsaicin, which is known to boost metabolism, thereby your body continues to burn calories even 20 minutes after you’ve consumed spicy food. So up the heat and melt the fat now!
- Turmeric: For years now, the goodness of turmeric has been widely spoken about. One of the pearls of Indian cuisine, regular consumption of turmeric is said to reduce the bad cholesterol (LDL), attributing to fat loss, and high blood pressure too. The medicinal properties of turmeric also helps in preventing heart attacks and also increases blood circulation.
- Curry leaves: Adding curry leaves to your daily diet will help you lose weight in no time. Researches claim that these leaves help your body to flush out excess toxins and fat. Curry leaves have also proved to be useful in reducing bad cholesterol levels. Incorporating about 8-10 curry leaves in your daily diet will help keep that increasing waistline under check for sure!
- Garlic: Now don’t just add flavour with garlic, add some healthy too! Allicin found in garlic is known to reduce unhealthy fats in the body and also helps in reducing the bad cholesterol.
- Cabbage: You don’t need exotic green leafy vegetables to maintain a healthy weight. Cabbage essentially restricts the conversion of excess carbohydrates into fat. Add a cup of cabbage in your daily diet, either raw or cooked, and see how the fat melts from your body.
- Honey: There are several arguments around the fat-burning properties of honey. However, majority of researchers claim that honey is one of the best home remedies for obesity. According to scientists, honey helps in mobilising excess fat deposits in your body and utilising the same for normal body functions. Remember your grandma’s tip of having a tablespoon of honey and lime with warm water in the morning, here’s why she advocated it so much!
- Moong Dal: Rich in Vitamin A, B, C and E, the humble moong dal is one of the best fat burning Indian foods. Be it fibre, protein or complex carbohydrates, you name it and this super food has it. Nutritionists around the country even suggest people to have moong dal as a stand-alone meal. Why don’t you give this a shot.
- Cinnamon: Used extensively in Indian cuisine, cinnamon boosts metabolism and helps in regulating your insulin levels. Cinnamon powder has, of late, been considered as a weight loss magic powder world over. Researchers claim that by adding a pinch of cinnamon powder in your breakfast, coffee or tea is good enough to yield its fat-burning properties.
Fat loss is no magic, by adding these foods to your meal , you can boost your fat loss efforts. But, do couple this with an effective exercise routine and nutrition meal plan.